KIDRS

학술대회 자료실

A Study on Parafiction by Culture Jamming Works

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자 최고관리자
조회 318회 작성일 17-06-27 14:48

본문

In modern day, people are exposed to an overwhelming amount of media information. So how many of them really consider the veracity of it all? Carrie Lambert-Beatty, an art historian introduced the idea of “Parafiction” in the summer 2009 journal, October, which refer to fake installations or reenactments that is made to look like something that can possibly be real. The motive of Parafictioneers was to purposefully deceive their audiences, forcing them to begin to question and doubt things of the ordinary, mainly things they often trusted. With this said, I feel the analysis of Parafiction is very similar with the one of branding. So I begin my hypothesis, by analyzing ‘Domain Favoritism’ on Google’ through the concept of Parafiction. This article aims to provide questions on people’s belief systems and offer a different perspective of the Google website. My method is to first, analyze ‘Parafiction’ and ‘Domain Favoritism’ by releasing copies and papers through books, both domestically and abroad. Also, to review works of various artists, researches networks, and analyze different types literatures like thesis books, periodicals, and other publications. The goal is ultimately to provide a through analysis on the differences and similarities that are embodied in Parafiction and branding.

첨부파일